About this Collection
This international doll collection by Dr. Ann E. Barron
highlights the culture of hundreds of handcrafted miniatures from around the world. Each multicultural figure was selected to depict the culture of the native country; most of the dolls are hand made by local artisans. Students and teachers throughout the world are welcome to use this site for school reports, cultural activities, education and diversity projects. Cultural games and activities are also available for online, interactive learning.
This site is for educational use only; no commercial use may be made of any of the contents. All content on this site is copyrighted by Ann E. Barron, unless otherwise indicated. Every attempt has been made to secure permissions for any resource that is not original or in the public domain. Although the originators of the resources retain the copyrights, the photographs, stories, etc., may be used freely by teachers and students in educational settings. Please contact us if you note any oversights, and we will remove the resource.
High resolution photos of the dolls on this site, may be obtained from the links provided on each doll page or by visiting the Ann E. Barron Multicultural Miniatures Collection. A Press Release about the collection is also available.
This educational website would not be possible without the talents and contributions of the following:
- Project Managers: James Welsh, Roy Winkelman, James Seaman
- Website Design and Programming: James Seaman
- Database Programmer: J Ryan Dial
- Photographer: Dr. Roy Winkelman
- Maps and Flags:
- Global locator maps for countries: By TUBS [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons
- Locator maps for provinces in Canada: By Leslie222 (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0-2.5-2.0-1.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
- Locator maps for the United States: Heubi (author). By This version: uploader Base versions this one is derived from: originally created by en:User:Wapcaplet [GFDL (www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html), CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) or CC-BY-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
- Country flags: Created by James Seaman for ClipPix project at the Florida Center for Instructional Technology. Images used with permission, see http://etc.usf.edu/clippix/
- Flags of the US States: Public domain images retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_U.S._states.
- Canadian and world flags: Free Flag Downloads (royalty free, public domain flags at http://www.777flags.com/)
- Jigsaw Puzzle program: JigsawPlanet.com
- National Anthems: AnthemWorld.com
- Donations of Dolls/Figures: Lisa Anderson, Cacilda Barros, David Barron, Linda Barron, Paula Barron, Bonnie Beversdorf, Jaana Beversdorf, Katerina Beversdorf, Michael Beversdorf, Iryna Bila, Frances Borhart, Frank Breit, Ruth Burkett, Brendan Calandra, Cathy Cavanaugh, Isabelle Ceconi, Brenda Christy, Rae Clark, Barbara Cruz, Steve Downey, Darunee Dujsik, Carine Feyten, Laura Fleetwood, Marcelo Foohs, Yvonne Frame, Neil Gomes, Carol Granston, Christine Harmes, Tina Hohlfeld, Jennifer James, Kim Kalaydjian, Eleni Karas, Fotini Karas, Karen Karas, William Kealy, Kate Kemker, Deoksoon Kim, Robert McLaughlin, Cindy LeRouge, Ray Leslie, Radhika Lothe, Yiping Lou, Ping Luo, Chet Lyskawa, Susan McCormack, Archie McGee, Leora Nerge, Margo Newman, Beki Onslow, Jill Pable, EunWook Park, Kristin Parker, Maria Paul, Luis Perez, Juan Pernia, Albert Ritzhaupt, Ruth Roux, Andrea Rudon, Sabine Siekmann, Shelley Stewart, Chitra Subramaniam, Phyllis Sweeney, Veronika Trencanova, Doris VanKampen, Anete Vasquez, Francisco Vera, Kim Walker, Julie Wells, Kim Wheeler, James White, Roy Winkelman, Makoto Yoshii
Copyright © 2004-2017, Ann E. Barron. Contact Ann Barron
for more information.